Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day..1..4-UH-0


Day1 or zero.. whichever.. It's May 6 and I am, by standard...Over The Hill.. Haa.. I don't think so, I am just getting warmed up.. 40.. has never felt so good. I am happy with who I am and where I am and what I have ahead. I don't really know exactly what that is, but I think/know it's going to be fun!!

I am by nature an adrenaline junkie as most of you have seen. I am highly functional under stress and thrive on staying busy and active. So... on that note, for today...

My intent was to be running by 6am and back by 6:50 to get Cameron to school.. That did not happen. I slept in until 6:30.. missed that early run opportunity. BUT, I did get to kiss my son happy birthday and he got to kiss me happy birthday.. First thing. We went to get cupcakes for his class and headed to school before 7am. I walked him in and talked to his teacher, then off I went.



His Birthday Balloon


I was already in my running clothes. I had 5 miles to run to reach my 40 miles in 4 days +1 to grow on:o).. ALWAYS... I got home and off I went.



I was still short on time. I had Mom's and Muffins at Morgan's school at 9am.. I had exactly 1 hour and 10 minutes to run, shower and get out the door.

DONE!! with my miles done, I felt great. Next was Morgan's school.



It was only going to last about 30 minutes. I got the most adorable picture book of her ever..
\


I will post pictures and video tomorrow. (all video is at bottom of page)

I got home and into my cycling clothes.. 40 mile ride into some crazy wind.. and I am not exaggerating.




It was time to stay completely Aero in my position and just push through. I had to be back in time to get Morgan.. Time was not on my side today but, I would get ahead. I rode hard and made it back for shower #2.. load the car for Cameron's party to drop off at pool, and get Morgan.

I drop stuff off at pool and go to get Morgan.. I get her home and load the car. I also need to eat at this point.. Quick sandwich and back out the door to get Cameron.



Cameron's Birthday Crown...


We leave quickly and head straight to the pool. My plan since this was a fireman's ball was to have pretend fire pits, which I used tissue paper in buckets..



etc.. WELL.. that darn wind was making me CRAZY!!!!!

All my hard work was blowing everywhere. As I kept trying to get things decorated, Cameron and Morgan kept pulling at me. I was about to snap.. Then I thought.. They don't care, they just want to swim. Rob finally arrive to help. No, my decorations did not all make it up. I planned on having balloons etc.. everything was blowing away so, I just gave in and joined the party.



Birthday cake time..




Drats, I forgot the candles.. I head to the store. I get candles and head back to the pool.. drats again.. I need a lighter.. run back to the house. then back to the pool.. Candles?? in this wind?? what was I thinking. his 6 candles never even got burning. He got 1.. the wind got the other 3 and 2 never even got that far.. again, the kids don't care. They just want cake!!


Everyone gets cake and it's back in the pool.

I between we had a VERY SPECIAL VISITOR...


 At the end we open presents and Cameron is happy as.. you know what I am going to say, a CLAM :o)..


A few pictures of some of his guests..

We pack up and at this point I just want to throw everything away.. I am POOPED. We get home and 1 minute later Rob's parents pull up. Yes, I know they were just here but they went back to Chicago, Sunday/Monday and came back for mine and Cameron's birthday!!

I unload the car and start to clean things up. After that I head inside to unwind. Rob orders PF Chang's, and he and his dad go and pick it up. YUMMY..

I get the kids to bed and... here I am. I had a great day, it's past 11 and I am off to bed.. I will post pictures and video tomorrow, as well as spell check and whatever I need to correct on my writing. I am fading quickly.. Have an amazing night...iSwim,iRide,iRun,iPlay... iThank


No comments:

Post a Comment