Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 6... 100 miles to Shiner

The weather this morning for the ride was perfect. We arrived with plenty of time, unloaded our car, then were asked to move our car.. DRATS! Now I can't find my phone. I just had it. I need it for all the pictures and video.. I make myself a little stressed out.



Rob has to load the car back up and move to different parking, I ride up to meet him. We are getting ready, V and Ed and Thad are waiting for us. The ride starts and they take off. We are still at the car trying to find my phone and get our stuff ready. We take our bags to bag check, and now have to play chase, which I was not to thrilled about, but whatever. We'll catch them.


At about mile 8, we are about to turn a corner, when I see someone stop and then riders start to go down.. It's Ed. Someone dropped their cell phone and did a dead stop which caused him to crash. He went down and another rider rode over his leg. He was a bit hurt, but scared too. He got up ran around, did a few jumping jacks, which made me laugh. His knee was a bit hurt but all was good. Thankfully nothing more.

Now we were all together.


We hit Rest Stop #1 and Rob needs to fill his bottles with water... I of course start video..



Ed and V and Thad take off. I wait for Rob.


Rob and I head out again and it's a chase again.. FINE.. we'll catch them. We fall in behind a group of guys that are riding really well. We form a pace line... After a few miles I decide to take the lead. We built the pace line up to about 15-20 riders and I was doing the pulling.. I LOVE THIS, we were averaging about 22-25 MPH we passed Thad, then Ed and V and came into Rest Stop #2 to re group and potty break....At this point we discussed now staying together the rest of the ride. 100 miles alone is no fun, I know... I've done it a few times training for Ironman..

We take off again. The ride was amazing and the wildflowers


were everywhere lining our way.. They SAG support was great as well as the RestStops.

This is our 2nd stop..

This is Whizzerville..LOL!!!





Now it's PeanutButter Jelly TIME...

YUMMMMMMY!!!




And Water Bottle Refillwith WATER MONSTER!


Now, It's time to ROLL...




Now for our 4th and last stop...I forgot where we were when I said 3rd stop in the video.. This was our 4th and last stop..







This was approximately mile 73. I was posing with Powerbar... BIG FAN and I'm on Powerbar Team Elite!! So I took a photo opp...




Yes, that's a sweat rag in my shirt and my phone case:o).. my pockets were full! We head back out on the rode, we are almost done... 25 miles.. YIPPEE and it's been GREAT!!!






we are at about mile 90... ... Aw man.. I deleted the video.. when I re-added it posted at the bottom...Sorry y'all!!

Now we are coming into the finish...





.. After this, we head to the truck showers...





I just think this is funny and kind of cool.. They really need that is the end of Ironman...



yup... shower shot..HAAHAA




After my shower, which I had no towel so I air dried.. It's time for some live music, beer and bratwurst!!!!








YUP... I ate that!!! I'm German what do you expect???and it was GOOD!!!!


While sitting here eating this was one of the more special outfits we saw... This guy has got to be color blind...





SERIOUSLY???


Now for our exit... We load our bikes in a Uhaul Trailer and head to Lockhart for ...OMG.. MORE FOOD.. we are going for BBQ.. at Smitty's where the fire has been burning for over 100 years.. and that's a fact..
So... Here we are at Smitty's



There is the fire...





This was some good BBQ!!!

Back in the day..1915 I was told you would sit at these counters and eat.. Fork and knife were attached to these chains.. That's one sitting on the counter. You would eat, using the fork and knife attached to the chain, wipe it off and the next person would come sit and eat off the same fork and knife.. I'm thinking that would break all kinds of Health Codes these days..

Now that I have eaten WAY to much it's time to head back to our cars. Ed's dad did all the return driving today!! Thank you Ed's Dad!!!! Was a really really great time and trip!!!



We load up our cars and I head to airport for Rob to pick up rental car for his dad(he's leaving at 5am) UGH!! He has to fly.. Pilot..

OK. I get home unload and am very excited to hear about the kids day with geema and grandpa at the school carnival..They had an absolute blast.. They closed the place down. I love to hear that.

Now, It's time for me to start cooking dinner..OMG more food.. yes, I'm only having a salad though. Steve is coming over with his kids to have dinner and the kids can play. Good times. I make baked ziti..YUM and we have a great time.

The kids have a ball.. Yes, after all this I still cook and play with the kids..Here they are playing outside..
I have to tell you when you see the video of the kids... Watch then end...


Fin is fine I had to run to make sure.. that's why the video stopped... Now when I see the video, I am laughing..

All and all an amazing day!!!


iSwim,iRide,iRun,iPlay..iRockandiRoll.. 100 miles today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment