Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 40...







Today was absolutely outstanding!! Started off with an amazing 40 mile ride at 7:30 with Rick. We took an alternate route and ended up crossing a couple rivers and having to take off our cycling shoes and cross, once it was deep enough for me to carry my bike across after I saw Rick bike start to drift.. I thought it would be in my best interest. We rode into Georgetown and around the San Gabriel River.






Once we got to the Georgetown Damn, we got to in incline so steep I actually had to get off my bike and walk, after yesterdays hilly 13.1 miler I couldn't hang:OP.. Next time. We crossed over the damn and I saw Lake Georgetown, it was beautiful. After a super strong headwind and and some more hills we headed back onto Parmer( a main riding street here in Austin) with the wind at our back we hammered out the last 7 miles averaging about 33-35mph.. Was Sweet!!! and I got some super cool video footage,






Headed home to hang out with my family!! Spent the next few hours just hanging out.






1:30 ... now it's time for the 40t040 kickoff party hosted by Ed and V. We collected a great amount of shoes for the Shoe Bank and some super great baby stuff, I know both charities with be so grateful!! This is just the beginning. A super big thank you for everyone who showed up!!!! You make events like this possible.






It was also super special to have my brother, his wife and my nephew here and in addition to that was seeing Liana and her daughter Lauren. For those of you who have known me for a long time and know Liana you know who I am talking about. For those who don't Liana, I have known her since I was 2.






We grew up together and were raised like sisters. I haven't seen her since my wedding app 9 years ago, she was a brides maid and has always held a super special place in my life. I love seeing her daughter who looks so much like her mommy and is just beautiful, just like her momma. It's amazing seeing her daughter 18 years old and my 4 and 5 yr old.. She got sad and said "my baby is all grown up" without a thought I laughed and offered her mine.. she laughed and said "well I guess I'm not that sad"!! HAAHAA Fun was had by all.


















I hope you all enjoy some of the video footage.. As I get better at blogging etc... I will try editing..LOL..Jack of all trades Master of non..I wonder if I can figure it out??










and now..... The PARTY!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment