Thursday, March 4, 2010

Get Ready.... the BEST is YET to COME!!!

Welcome to my journey... Starting March 28 is the countdown to the day I actually turn 40.. "40 to 40"... 40 days until I turn 40. Everyday will be something NEW and EXCITING.. I will be doing the obvious in the physical challenges of swimming, biking and running but more extreme in the distances or terrain or the actual act of what I am doing. I have a few races in there to keep it REAL. I have a 100 mile ride on May 1st already scheduled. I am also planning on running 40 miles on my actual birthday, I will be training for these, of course.

I will be blogging daily and also adding video.

I will also be including charity work. I will be collecting running shoes to donate, working in soup kitchens, and more fun and creative ways to raise awareness for the needs of others.

I thought of leaving town and celebrating, or having a party, some of the things we all do but, I wanted to do something really different. So here it is. Please send any ideas my way I have less than 4 weeks to come up with ideas. Remember I am still training for races as well as the fact that I have 2 small children, so please take this into comsideration.

I am looking for some sponsors. I have contacted 2 of my favorite beverage companies and hope to get some sponsorship from them. I am looking at different charities to be involved. A big one is ANY BABY CAN here in Austin. Please spread the word.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Claudia! Can't wait to read about your adventures. Here are a couple of ideas. One is actually the day before your 40 day countdown starts, but I think the other one falls into the countdown.

    The Great Urban Race on March 27 http://www.greaturbanrace.com/?gclid=CLnFgJKfoKACFRMNDQodBRp_aQ

    Warrior Dash on May 1 & 2 (I actually saw this a while ago and immediately thought of you.)
    http://www.warriordash.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just registered for the Warrior DASH on May 2..only 6pm time slot available.. thanks:o)so I will be riding 100 miles on Sat and Urban Dash on Sunday OMG... I hope I make it to my 40th

    ReplyDelete