Sunday, March 21, 2010

When things were feeling slow

I have to say... I am a little overwhelmed with the goals I have set for my 40 to 40. I never do anything half way, but for this adventure I truly need outside support. I gotten lots of great job!! This is so cool!! etc.. But that's not what I need to raise awareness and items and funds for these charities. Don't get me wrong I love it but I am not doing this for me, I am doing this for others.. And for all I accomplish the glory goes to my heavenly Father. But, I set my sight to the sky. Gosh, today I was feeling a bit crushed for some reason..

THEN..... My Mom calls, she has almost 150 pairs of shoes in the car that my sister collected in Tyler from the Junior High School. I really wanted to cry. It's a start, hopefully the start of something big. Even if it's just one life that I have an opportunity to help change, that person could make a difference in the world. We never know the differences we make, and it really does change lives. It's my turn to PAY it FORWARD will you step up and help me make a difference..

Please spread the word...

1 comment:

  1. It was fun doing this collection and I was amazed at how quickly those shoes added up. I was happy to have the school report the results. The funny part was that Jessica, your niece, didn't know that we were participating in this and she came home last Tuesday telling me that we needed to gather all of our tennis shoes to donate to a group that was collecting them for Haiti. I enjoyed getting to tell her that this was something your were doing and we were heading up the project at her school. She was pleasantly surprised!! You go girl!! Keep up the good work and encouraging others. Together, we all can make a huge difference. I love you sis!!

    ReplyDelete