Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 13... Poppy Fun all day Long!!!

Day 13 .... I left for the RedPoppyRide by 6:45am.

(Sunrise)


I hadn't registered yes, so I wanted to get there early to. I get there in plenty of time. Ride start time is 8am and this is NOT a race just a supported ride with entry fees going to Scholarship Fund for GeorgetownISD .. I like that.


Before the start...

After we head out this is one of the fun riders we saw...


This is so super cool and this dog was a HAPPY DOG!!





At mile 31.. we rolled into the first "REST STOP"

While at the rest stop... It's time to eat some pickles.. This is a total "ROADIE" thing and I think it's great.. Keeps the salt in and cramps out.


This was pickle #5 for me..


Off we go.. Pam is riding strong..


AND she got a sweet new Carbon Bike!!!Wilier..NICE!

At about 50 miles into the ride I was feeling like this..
Then it passes and I get my second wind. We hit our next "REST STOP" and they had some yummy homemade cornflake concoction..that ROCKED...that's the smile on my face after I ate that treat!!

Time to go again... On our 3rd rest stop we actually had bike holders.. THAT was COOL too!!




We had major wind the entire ride at some points it was so mental you just put your head down and pushed through.

At this point we had about 25 miles to go. This was the usual spread... Cookies, oranges, Bananas, PBand J, Pickles, and water and gatorade.. NICE!





Time to roll... we were almost done!!!!!

and into the FINISH... we ROLL!!!




We hopped off our bikes and Ed and I went straight into a 25 minute run. I was done and thirsty and in a bit of a hurry at this point. I was meeting Rob and the kids at the Georgetown Red Poppy Festival!!

I again changed clothes in the car, thank you for wetwipes, with no shower.. this would have to suffice. We parked and went to meet the kids.

On the way.. OMG this is what we ran into... SWEET CORVETTES!!!!
Corvette video Below:o)




After that car adrenaline rush.. I got a super loving greeting from my kids. They missed me and it was time to play. We went straight to the bounce houses.. I waited in line for Kettle corn, Snowcones, and Cotton Candy.. Nothing like a festival.

COOL ART!!





AND.... THE BISCUIT BROTHERS!!!!I am going to add all the video footage in 3 clips.. I love these guys probably as much as the kids.. SO, Here you go...








and now... for the Biscuit Brothers...OK... The Video of the Corvettes and Biscuit Brothers are taking forever to load.. So, I will try again tomorrow.. on this same post. I am getting ready to call it a night.

After the concert we play on a John Deere tractor and stopped for a couple pictures for fun!!
John Deere!!!  WooHoo!!

Just some good fun pictures for your enjoyment. 
We head to a park to play for a bit and then to the car to head home.  I NEED CAFFEINE...
We get home and I actually start cleaning house then head outside to plant more flowers... HUH?? you'd think I was done by now. 
6pm.. I head inside to cook dinner and download pictures from today.  Rob is still out riding and we are just hanging out. 
6:30 Rob comes in and kids go out to play.  I go down to get them a few minutes later.. time to get ready for bed...
It's now 9:45 and I am done... Today was Super FUN!!!
iSwim,iRide,iRun,iPlay... iNeverStop...

No comments:

Post a Comment