Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 31.. Welcome to the Fun Farm

Today started a bit late, I actually had to lure Cameron out of bed with the smell of pancakes. He said he wasn't feeling well. I figured we've never been late for school, let's see how this plays out. He had no fever, I was thinking he was just a bit sleepy still. Mommy makes some mean pancakes... AND it worked. Cameron was sitting at the table eating breakfast. At this point we were officially going to be late for school. He told me he'd go back to bed after breakfast. That lasted a whole 2 seconds and he was back up. So, I said I think we should probably get ready to leave for school. He was ready in 5 minutes and off we were to school.
Next was Morgan, she was ready to go at 7am, but she doesn't start until 9:30.. All dressed up with no place to go, and pink hair extensions. My own Fancy Nancy. The hair didn't last long thankfully. Now off we were to school and this is what I arrived to.
So, I decide it's time to have some fun.... SO, here goes Now to add to all the excitement I get to hold a Rooster like a football, a squealing pig, and a goat that wants tons of love.
Just when you thought life could be boring.
It's time for me to get home, I am racing this weekend and today is a key training day for some speed work. My plan is to run 6 miles with 4.o miles at a tempo pace. This is a pretty fast clip, but not race pace. So off I go to run my miles and keep that 4.0 in action. The wind was relentless but I had no choice than to push on through. All is great and I am done with my training in less then 45 minutes.

I get home and start some yard work. Yeah, I know.. Leopard print rubber boots, they rock. I just wanted this picture in cause I look like a total dork, and here's the picture to prove it.

So, after a shower and change it's time to get serious again.

As most of you know my 40to40 countdown has quite a few events, mostly on the weekends. One of my big events is a 100 mile bike ride from Austin to Shiner, TX. It is not a race but a ride for cancer research.

I grew up with Robin and Jeff Hawes. Shauna was Jeff's girlfriend and Robin's great friend, and very close to their family. I had the fortune of meeting her last summer at Robin's birthday party. She was lovely and I was so glad Jeff had met her. Shauna lost her battle with cancer yesterday. She was diagnosed with Stage IV Melanoma in November and fought courageously but this time the cancer won. She leaves behind so many people who love her.

My team will be riding in her honor for this ride and wearing her picture on our shirts. We will also be doing a fundraiser with 100% of the funds going to cancer research at VO2 Triathlon and Cycles on April 30. This is the day before the ride. We will be washing bikes as well as lube and oil. Please come join us, all washes are free and donations are appreciated. We will have snacks and will sell raffle tickets. Again all proceeds go to Cancer research in Shauna's honor. Please take the time to get involved. Let's help find a cure for this.... If you would like to join the ride please go to www.shiner.com/shinerghasp/ to register or see you how you can get involved. Thank you so much.

Also, if you bring your old running shoes into VO2 you will get a 10% discount on new shoes and I will be bringing the shoes to the Dallas Shoe Bank. Help make a difference in the lives of others. Now is the time.

Just one last video of the sweet animals to make you smile. Please spread the word.. iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay... i want to make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment