Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 29 is going just fine...


Today we were "Rise and Shine" and all on time, all is great.  Driving Cameron to school, I looked in the back seat and this is what I see....

That puts a smile on my face that is really going to last awhile.  Peace and quiet, and the kids were holding hands, had to get that on camera.  Yes, it was a red light.  It's those really sweet moments that just take your breath away.  I wanted time to stand still for a moment.  Cameron is off to school and Morgan and me to the HEB.. that's the grocery store around here.  Had a few items on the list and the store is never busy right now.. It's too early, I love that.  We are in and out in a couple minutes. 

Now it's Morgans turn for MDO (Mommy's Day Out) and my time to run.  I decide to run a Steady State Run with 4x1 minute interval surges x2.  What in the world does that mean, you ask??  A Steady State run is a run when I try to hit a consistent pace the entire time.  My Surges(Race Pace) started at about 3.5 miles,  did 4x1 minute with 30 seconds recovery then after my 4th one I took a 2 minute recovery and did it again.  This is in preparation for Sundays Cap10k here in Austin.  When I do this type of training it helps my body recognize pace so I FEEL it.  I am also very much relying on a Garmin GPS Watch http://www.garmin.com/
which keeps track of my distance and pace as well as my Polar Heart Rate Monitor http://www.polarusa.com/
which tracks my HR.  Yes, I use both.  I know the Garmin has a Heart Rate function etc.. But, I have had this Polar S610 for 7 years or more and I really like it.  I've used it through 2 Ironmans and countless other races.  So, I'm happy. Whatever works... right!

I get home, get showered and it's time to get Morgan.  We head  straight to Cameron's school, we're going to be really early but, again I am fine with that.  Weather is beautiful and this is usually the only chance I have to read so... Back to My Trail Runner Magazine http://www.trailrunner.com/ I will finish this magazine! 

Cameron's here and we are off to the house.  We decide to play outside and I ask Rob to replant that tree I planted the other day, I really didn't do a great job.  Basically he has to re-dig the entire hole, and replant the tree.  YIKES... Hey, I tried!  He leaves to go swim and I decide I'm going to mow the lawn.  Normally, I actually love to do this but, I do not like to empty the bag.  It's heavy and cumbersome, and quite frankly, it sucks.  Grass, dirt and dust are flying all over the place and I am choking my eyes are watering, my nose is running and I just want to get this done. 


I am COVERED in grass and dust!

 I turn to see Morgan stuck in the soccer net and had to laugh. Was a perfect photo op. 


 Dirty again and the third shower for the day.  Actually it was such a mess I had Cameron go turn on the shower for me and we all undressed in the garage and ran inside.  I felt like Pigpen

 on Charlie Brown

Now that we are all clean it's dinner time.  While the kids are eating, I head back outside to finish some yard work. 

 Day 29.. Nothing too thrilling, got the 4's in my surges. I kept things pretty calm today.  I have a very busy weekend and a race to challenge myself with.  I have a goal, but I will keep that to myself.  This course is one of the most difficult 10ks I've run, so I hope I have enough in the bank.....iSwim, iRide,iRun, iPlay... Keepin it real!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment