Thursday, April 29, 2010

Day 8...wind, wind, and more wind...



Day 8.... I'm actually sitting here thinking... what in the world did I do today... As usual non-stop all day so, when I do finally slow down to think about it, I forget what even happened. Sheesh..

Thankfully, I had extra pancakes in the refrigerator from Tuesday.. Cameron decided at 7:05 he wanted pancakes and we had no time for that. I offered him like 5 other things. Nope.. Then I remembered I had some in a baggie in the refrigerator ... Yippee!!! Microwave 30 seconds.. you're eating in the car and off we go.. Fine dining.

I parked as usual walked him to the crosswalk, kissed him, and walked him across. He won't kiss me on the other side of the cross walk. He says it's school property and your not allowed to kiss on school property, HUH?? I'm your mommy. He says "no kissing" I laugh "fine" At this point he becomes Mr. Independent and walks into the school by himself. This is the same scenerio every day pretty much...

I get home and Morgan wants pancakes.. time to start the process. So, she helps today.
"mom, why do you alway want to take my picture" I laugh and snap the shot.
Her tummy is full and I have extra for tomorrow for Cameron.. Smart thinking.


Now it's time to do a little picking up and then Morgan to MDO.



I drop her off and head to Costco. I am getting some snacks for tomorrows fundraiser at VO2 and some stuff for our own use at home. I am on a time schedule.. I need to be home by 11am so I can run and have time to shower and get Morgan.


I get home at 11am and unload the car, I am 10 minutes behind schedule. My run time today is 1:40.. :o) I change clothes and literally run out the door. It's extremely windy out but, the weather is lovely so I just put one foot in front of the other. No complaints here. Wind just makes me STRONG!!!


I get back from my run...gotta love perfect timing:o).
1:40:40


my running commentary... pun intended..

I now have 5 minutes to shower and get in the car to get Morgan. I sure do like to push it. Off I go. I arrive right on time, pick up my princess and we go to the grocery store for juice and yogurt.. Per Rob's request. On the way I stop for a Diet Dr. Pepper at the Shell station.. Yes, my poison and my caffeine.. thank you... I pass this truck..


I thought, I wonder if they're good and ya think they have shredded lettuce...I want tons of shredded lettuce.. Whatever you think is a lot.. double it, and then add some extra for good measure, just to make sure.




mmmmm tacos.. I snap my picture and get my Diet DP.. I'll leave the taco for next time.

Now it's time to get Cameron. He's walking out with a frown because he had to be at the back of the line. Now, it's my job to turn his frown upside down. I try everything in the mommy smile book.. NOTHIN.. He's just grumpy.

Then I say.. I have a bouncer to get that we can play in. Well, whatever he was sad about and kept saying "nothing is fun anymore" was all but a memory. That's called mommy magic and something fun.




We get home and up goes the bouncer...


Good times..



I head inside to eat a sandwich... with tons of shredded lettuce, I know when I do it, I add the right amount..LOTS!!!

At 5pm Veanne shows up for our ride, Rob is coming back from his. He says "y'all have fun with that" headwinds at about 30 MPH on the way back. I laugh and say "nothing like a little work" and we roll. Ed meets us street side on Parmer.



We have a very nice tailwind on the ride out. Based on the wind I'm thinking we head back at 40 minutes to make an 1 hour and 40 minute ride, I'm planning on hitting 40 a couple times today. We turn around and I can do nothing but laugh and smile. This wind was nuts. I laugh and Ed say's "why are you laughing" I say this is fun and funny and it's hard and I love it and most of which he can't even hear because it was so windy.. I just keep laughing and push. I have a huge smile then I decide I better close my mouth.. to many bugs in Texas and they always end up in my mouth.. YUCK... 2 weeks ago I almost choked. A huge bug hit me right in the back of my throat, I start dry heaving and riding.. I was NOT smiling I was gagging. My least favorite part about riding and running actually... the bugs





I can take almost anything, wind, rain, heat, cold, BUT I HATE BUGS IN MY THROAT!!!! Just thinking about it makes me GAG!!!

Bugs are fine and all, and they definitely have their purpose.. Just STAY OUT of my MOUTH!!! Especially when I'm riding at 30-40 MPH..
Allright, so enough about bugs.
We are head down into the wind and it's great, the big gusts get a little crazy but, it was fine and we were right on time...

This was the outbound part...


It did say 1:40:40 before the picture took..


We arrive...
Short interview with V

It actually cut off for some reason.. sorry about that.


I get home.. Dinner on the table, I shower, I then finally sit down to eat, kids shower, we brush teeth, say prayers, and off they go. Me too... I am off to Neverland... Have an amazing night!! Until tomorrow when the madness starts...
iSwim,iRide,iRun,iPlay, and iLove the WIND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment