Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 17... Seriously..You've got to be kidding...



Day 17.. As you read my blog, you will understand my title for today. Cameron...7:15 in Car.. Check. Cameron.. Drop off at school.. Check. Morgan ready for MDO... Check. Drop Morgan off... Check. So far so good.


After this I am deciding my run for the day and I want to change it up a bit. I decide to head downtown. I feel like running Town Lake, it's so beautiful today. So, I hop in the car with all my gear and still really don't have a plan. But, I have plenty of time. I park under the bridge by Lake Austin where Run-Tex is located. 


As usual I take pictures and video for you to enjoy... So here goes.



Actually first let me say, I had a slight trail detour from the lake which was kind of cool... Bridge construction.. I run out about 4 milesI turned around about 1 mile past I-35 to head back and do my Up and Over on the street West of Congress.. Don't know the name so let's just for my sake call it... Up and Over Drive. But, before I got to UaO Drive. I filmed Congress St. Bat Bridge.


Austin is home to the largest Bat population in the United States and they mostly live under the Congress St Bridge. They are called the Mexican Freetail Bat and eat millions of tons of bugs each night.. They are not vampire bats.. So don't be afraid.. BUT do not ever touch a bat, they can have rabies. So, here in Austin in the late summer and early fall our skies are black by the bridge at dusk, as all the bats come out to eat all those pesky mosquitos.. It's a very cool sight to see. Time for run on Up and Over Dr.





Now for a few Photo Ops along the way. First my water stop by the Dog Park..

Nice cold water..

Down a bit further, the Stevie Ray Vaughn Memorial.


Then I head towards the Barton Springs but, make a right and cross over another bridge.

So far all is great!! Headed back toward Zilker Park and then a cross over/under the bridge towards by car.



I cross and then decide to run up a hill 40 seconds (there is my 40) sort of like finding Waldo today,and back down, for that... one to grow on thing I like to do. Total was a bit over 9 miles.

Now it's time to head to the car and LUNCH.. Pita PIT!! YUMMY!!!! I use to go to Pita Pit in Hermosa Beach, CA once or twice a week when we live in California.. I love this place!!


I even have the FBC.. Frequent Buyer Card..


Fresh Grilled chicken, or whatever you want. Then the build!!


See that shredded lettuce, I could eat that whole container!!!



Everything is still going great!! Here is my yummy pita being built, and then eaten.. My fine driving and dining experience..


Now I am in a bit of a rush to go get Morgan and I'm all sweaty.. Great.. I pick her up and back home we go.

We get home and I let the dogs in. Jackson is having a problem sitting down and it looks like he's hurt. Everytime he sits, or lays down he has a painful bark kind of yowl. I hurry and get in the shower so I don't smell when I go to get Cameron, still very concerned about Jackson. I leave to pick Cameron up and get home only to see that Jackson is worse.

He is salivating, and just looks like serious pain. Something is wrong with his tail. Now I am getting stressed. I am doing a Splash and Dash Race at 6pm and it's 4:20 at this point. I need to get hime to the Dr.

Remember how I said one of my kids gets sick or something random everytime I race. Now, it's my DOG??? What the_____? I call the Vet and they say bring him in. It's just up the street, they actually have to give him a shot for pain so they can take X-rays. I leave to trade cars with Rob, he is going to meet me at Pure Austin for the little race.

5:45, the vet calls. Jackson has dislocated his tail, seriously? You've got to be kidding me. Nothing they can do but, he needs pain medication, it's kind of like jamming a finger. I go pick him up and I get the bill... $300 .. What??? UGH..Seriously, you've got to be kidding. Whatever, let's go. I'm just glad he's all right. I have NO IDEA how he did that.

Next... Kids, hurry we need to leave. I arrive at Pure Austin with plenty of time.

Splash and Dash is a series held at Pure Austin and is approximately 750m swim and a 3k run. Super fun and my kids and another couple Steve and Kenda had their kids out there playing so it was great. We also had a ton of people that did the Xterra out there this weekend here, so it was super cool.

The race was super short and super fast. We take off for the swim, and then head into shore. I rush to get out of my wetsuit and was super dizzy finally getting it off and get my running shoes on, I take off.. 3 loops and I am done. 26 minutes.. Sweet. I chase down another friend at the finish Ruben Reyes and made him sprint to the finish. Glad he enjoyed that:o)

Here are a couple pictures of Morgan and me hanging out by food area



We are hanging out and I see a great friend from high school, Keith Eddleman, he lives here to and does triathlon as well. He is the mastermind behind my website; http://www.irunitri.com/

Me and Keith.




This was a ton of fun, I don't know how I did, they didn't actually have my time.  Seriously?? You've got to be kidding me. I was so fast, I disappeared..LOL They are working on it though. I'll let you know tomorrow.  Really, it's not a big deal, but let me add that the race I won on Saturday.. Same thing. This morning I get a text saying I need to contact Xterra, there is No Race Time for me. Seriously? You've got to be kidding me. They called me but, a press release had already gone out. So after a few phone calls this morning, and a few emails, I received a  revised Press Release.  Whew... I wanted to make sure that didn't fall under the radar.


So, just when you would think that after all this stuff.. I would be going home and to bed. NOT!! I have a Birthday Party to go to (baby shower) actually.. Meeting a group of friends to Celebrate our new baby boy.. Kaari is due in a few weeks, my dear friend Kaari, the one that is also moving back to New Braunfels. So, I head to Mesa Rosa. I change clothes in the parking lot. I have been swimming, and running and my hair is a mess. I am glad they are good friends. My shorts are wet because I put them on over my swim suit and I am freezing.


Please tell me some has a jacket. The fiasco with Jackson left me totally unprepared. Going home and showering etc.. would have cost me like 30 minutes. I just sucked it up and thankfull Jen had a jacket. I was turning BLUE
 We finished our celebration and headed out for the evening. 

                                                

I get home and Jackson is passed out from painkillers

Poor Baby.
.. I'm pooped.. It's been a full day.  Whew...I fit it all in somehow.  iSwim,iRide,iRun,iPlay... Non-Stop, Allday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment