Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 22... WooHoo!!!





Day 22... Today, I have to say has been pretty low key... Took Cameron to school, came back home, and got Morgan ready for Mommy's Day Out. The funny thing is, this is how she came outside.



Hmmmm tape on the mouth.. Sometimes if only. I had to laugh and thought to myself, silence is nice sometimes, but I live for my children's laughter. They have their moments.. I am sure most children do.




With Morgan off to MDO, I head to the pool for a short swim. I am racing on Saturday so that changes my weekly workouts some, and dramatically reduced my duration. I warm up, swim my 40 straight and finished my workout with a few more sets. Hopped out and into the shower. I have a few things to do before I get my little darlings.

First things first, I need to pick up my bike from VO2, and drop off a DROPOFF box for shoes for the Shoe Bank http://www.shoebank.org/ VO2 will give 10% off new shoes for anyone who drops off their old ones. So go get some new shoes!!!

My bike got a new rear deraileur..





It's the part with Ultegra on it. Mine was bent and needed replacing. Next on my list is the cassette. That is the part the chain goes on that changes gears. My cogs are DONE. Then come the Aerobars... Carbon. I can feel the smoothness in my ride thinking about it. As usual, Gustavo at VO2 goes above and beyond to make sure everything on my bike is perfect. I will never sell this bike, I just love it to much.. It's a Cervelo P2K, nice and stiff. I will hopefully one day though to have a full carbon fiber ride..Now that's SWEET! But, right now, you get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

After that, I head to my massage. A much needed massage. I usually get one a couple days before every race. Today, I was just wiped out and actually fell asleep for a bit. I get my legs worked on pretty deep which I just love. After my nice relaxing massage, I am off to get Morgan.

Pick her up and we head to the One Stop Mommy Shop which is one of two places, Super Target, or Walmart. Today was Walmart. Diet Dr. Pepper is on Sale.. 24 pack for 5 bucks.. Hard to beat. For those that know me it's one of my BIG VICES. I've been drinking Diet DR. Pepper since it went from the Blue Can to the now

Red and White can.. Everyone has a food/drink vice. Mine is Dark Chocolate and Diet Dr.Pepper. So, if the world didn't already know. You know now!
As we were in the store it started pouring rain outside. OMG.. Did I close the sunroof.. We'll if I didn't it's too late now. We head to the car. WHEW.. I closed it, thankfully. Load up the car and off to get Cameron. It's not pouring now, just a light sprinkle.
We get to the school and by the way the cars are lined up, you'd think the rain was going to melt people, that just makes me laugh and I park and walk. I have rain superpowers that keep me from melting I guess. We don't have an umbrella either, OH WELL. We love to play in the rain anyway.
Off we go back home. We really just painted pictures and played on the computer. It was soon dinner time and Rob was on his way home from the airport. Cameron and Morgan were sooo happy daddy was coming home. They painted pictures for him and Morgan actually saved him a piece of her favorite Amy's Spinach Pizza. I had to laugh. Just one piece though. She eats the entire pizza.
Rob gets the kids to bed so I can write. I am ready to sit and watch a little TV actually. Something I rarely do. So.. Off I go.. iSwim, iBike, iRun, iPlay.. try to catch me if you can!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment