Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 28... The MAD HATTER

Day 28... Busy from the start. First item on the list is going to "assembly" at Cameron's school. All the children that committed to and finished the Marathon Kids Program http://www.marathonkids.org/ were recognized. This is an amazing program for children. They had 6 months to complete 26.2 miles. Cameron did it and I wanted to make sure we attended the day when all the kids get to wear their finisher's t-shirt. This program was a special time to talk about training and racing, and what his mommy actually does AND he gets exercise. I had to put the brakes on him a few times, he just wanted to keep going. He is a great runner, I hope it's in his genes and he WANTS to do it, it's his choice.
Next on the list is for me to hit the pool. I have a pretty short swim and should be in and out of the water in less than 30 minutes.. I also wanted to get back up to school to have lunch with Cameron so I had no time to waste, lunch is at 10:50. Morgan and I headed to the gym after I did a few things at the house and I got my swim on quickly. Let me give you a little info at this point. About 4 weeks ago my dog Jackson, jumped up and broke the bridge of my nose.. It's hurt. That's not the bad part though. About a week later I was diagnosed with head trauma from that and I have what is called BPPV, Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. We tried to correct the dizziness with exercises and this made me very nauseated, and I was having hearing loss and echoing in my left ear. This was making me crazy. So, I decided I'd just let nature take it's course and hope it would go away. Swimming has been a challenge because of the dizziness and flip turns and breathing etc.. I have been OK but, I have spells of dizziness and nausea in the pool.

Today someone got in my lane which can cause problems because I constantly have to re-orient myself.. I wanted to get out quickly, I swam my warmup. then my straight 40 and hopped out. Whew, I finished without running into her or the lane lines. In and out of the shower and Morgan and I were on our way to Cameron's school for lunch...PIZZA and let me tell you, the school pizza is YUMMY!!! We totally surprised him!
Cameron is trying to be quiet so he can get a STAR CARD. Well not today... Mommy is here.. After that yummy lunch Morgan and I head out to do some shopping. But, we get distracted by roadside beauty.
It's time to stop and pet the horses and smell the roses.. well Bluebonnets.
This horse was just amazing with Morgan. After this we headed to Homedepot. I am planting flowers tomorrow. 40 actually, to raise money for the Shiner Ride benefitting cancer in Shauna's honor. I picked out the flowers to be planted tomorrow.
They will be picked up later.
Now Morgan and I run by the house, quick stop and my dear friend Kaari stops by. She's moving back to New Braunfels. I'm bummed about that but, I totally understand. She is closer to family. LOTS of family ;O). So now Morgan and I are gonna do a little shopping before we get Cameron. She scored a new shirt and necklace and me, I got a cool hair clip and earrings. Back to school to get Cameron. At this point it's time to pick up Rob's and my race packet for Sunday's race. I am excited because they always have a hat decorating area for the kids, and me of course. I leave them there while I go get race numbers and shirts.
 I get back to the craft area and we get busy!!!
I don't know who enjoys this more, this kids or the parents. Now for the finished products.....
Good Times!!
After this we head home, grab something to eat, and then back out for Swim Team Orientation. We have decided to get the kids on the Hurricanes Swim Team here in Austin. Here is Morgan ready to go.....
Crazy Driver!!!!

YIKES!!!!

At the Swim Orientation we have some items to buy.. My Sweet Swimmer all ready to swim... NOW MOMMY!!


Well, that's officially the ending of day 28.. Our day was very full and very FUN!!!  and now it's past 10pm and I am very DONE!!!  Sweet endinging to a great day 28... iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay...  Don't forget to spread the word!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment