Sunday, April 11, 2010

Day 26...Putting my fast LEGS ON..

Day 26.... I pulled out the racing flats today. My Brooks Green Silencers in hopes of a good race. Race start time this morning was at 8:45. I got picked up about 7:10 and I was still trying to get my children breakfast before I walked out the door. Rob would be bringing them later to watch me finish.
We left and were on the way to start, got downtown and parked pretty quickly. We headed to race start but not without a potty break on the way. Once we got to the starting area we actually had plenty of time to warm up. I started with a few jogs up and down a side street and then headed to the corral area. I was racing elite so it was nice to be in the front and have plenty of space to warm up. I headed up the street with some strides and then did some run drills to get my muscles activating. I knew the start was going to be fast.
We had some pro's in the mix as well as some of the fastest runners in Austin at the start and it is a bit nerve racking. I trying to just stay focused and pray for strength. There are points, when you run at this pace, you feel like you start falling apart, a lot of this is very mental and you have to keep your head in the game. Sometimes you feel like your heart can not beat any faster. Mine actually topped out at 188 bpm.. You push through knowing that you will only be stronger. I love that part of the game.
Then weather was very damp, misty, and humid. The roads were slick and from the start to approximately mile 1.3 is all up hill, it was a little difficult to get traction. Then to mile2 are some rolling hills, then somewhere in mile 3... it just hurts.. It's all climbing and for me was my slowest mile..I pushed through knowing that was halfway and I can do just about anything for 3 miles. The course was tough but, I made it through. 40:08 was my finishing time. I was happy with that 40 minute mark due to the whole 40to40 countdown. I'm sorry I didn't hit 40 flat. But, nexttime I'm shooting for a sub40.. Just so you know.
Here is some finish pictures from today
This is a picture with one of my clients Christy, she ran today in her V5's or Vibram 5 Finger shoes, totally cool and ran a 48 minute 10k.. Great Job!! Right after this I headed over to the Med tent with both my children for band-aids from yesterdays accident. Cameron needed a new cover for his finger, and Morgan had a scrape on her elbow that needed tending to. After that is was time to get some bananas.. YUM
I raced in racing flats, but put my V5's http://www.vibram.com/ on as soon as Rob handed them to me from my clothes bag.
Nothing like love from my children after a good race, bad race or anything inbetween!!
This was Morgan's 4th banana by the way..
The walk to the car.. and Cameron's commentary.
After the race we headed to my all time favorite mexican restaurant...

And this is what I call a meal for CHAMPIONS!!!  Eggwhite Steak Fajita Omelet.. YUUUUUMMMY.. Now that rocked the house!

Oh and can I add the worlds BEST salsa!

We get home and after sitting at my computer dozing off, I decided maybe I could close my eyes for a minute.  I was OUT... At least for half an hour, now that was nice.  Got up, cleaned up, and then it was time to get the kids to bible study.  They go to AWANA on Sunday evenings.  I get a little time to do some shopping.  I head out for a bit, then it's time to pick them up and head home.  I get dinner ready, eat, and it's shower time! 

As I was getting them ready for bed I thought, I just want to sleep in tomorrow.. maybe 7:30 but, I can't.  School is bright and early, so after writing and posting this I am off to Neverland..  Tomorrow is a training day, not an off day, so I need my rest.  Til tomorrow.. Day 26 was a success!! Spread the word and don't forget to check out my other blog.. http://www.irunitri.blogspot.com/
iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay....

No comments:

Post a Comment