Sunday, April 4, 2010

Day 33... Set me FREE

This morning started pretty early. It was gonna start with a run at 7am but, I went outside and it was drizzling and muggy. I also realized "O my..The Easter Bunny" I needed to get busy and make sure he made a visit. I left the door open on the upstairs deck to make sure he had a way in. He dropped his Easter note on the stairs on the way down and by the couch he left quite the tropicalEaster baskets and decorations for my kids.. WOW!! What a great Easter Bunny. Cameron thought is was decoration for a party and asked me if he could help me decorate. I told him I had no idea what he was talking about and looked downstairs and to my Surprise and Amazement the Easter Bunny must have come;O).. Good Easter Mommy, oh I mean Easter Bunny.

After all the excitement it was time to head to church, my run would have to wait. All dressed up we headed out the door kids eating breakfast in the car on the way, I had to hurry and cook so we could get to church early to get a seat. Church was wonderful as usually, we go to Hill Country Bible Church here in Austin www.hcbc.com We love the Worship and Pastor Tim is wonderful.

Now it was time to head home, in the car, Rob asked me how long I was gonna run. I said "oh not long, just about 10 miles" He laughs and says "you know it's crazy, for most people running 10 miles is a long run, for you, it's your short run..that's just funny to me" then he says " most people consider a long run 4-6 miles, you don't even get started until mile 5" we both laughed, I thought to myself..Hmmmm Maybe I am a little crazy, chuckled inside and then thought maybe I'll just run 8.4 and keep that 4 in there.

We get home and again my run will wait. Time for the Easter Mommy, I mean Bunny to hide Easter Eggs. Low and behold while I was vacuuming the Easter Bunny snuck in again and hid Easter Eggs all over the living room, I must have scared him off when I came in from vacuuming my bedroom, I heard the door slam and saw something white and fuzzy jump over the fence. The kids came running outside to see and my goodness they just missed him.. DRATS.. Well at least he left some eggs. Now for the hunt. 44 eggs later now it's time to see what's inside. Goodtimes had by all.

Finally, my turn... time to run. 12:50pm I figure at this point it's gonna be 8.4 I wanna get back. It's humid and warm and very sticky, oh and did I mention the wind..YIKES. Double wammy. We'll I head out and I am feeling great. I get to my turn around and as usually I start changing my plan. Rather then do the 8.4 I will run 1:40.. Get the 40 in there so it'll probably be about 10.5 -11 miles. Don't really know, don't really care. So many people in the park enjoying the day I decide to take it all in. Perfect!!

I come around my block for my last loop and what do I see but the Kona Ice Truck, this guy rocks!!! www.kona-ice.com It's the coolest truck ever and all summer on Sundays he's in our neighborhood so I can have some crazy snowcone after I run.. YUMMY!! I see him, wave, and tell him I'll race him to my house:O)..I'm running on the other side. I know I'll win cause he has to drive slow..HAA I run in the house, get the kids, money and wha-la.. The perfect finish for a muggy day. And might I add, tied in quite well with the tropical scene I had this morning and the weather.. Absolutely perfect!! MUAH!! Hawaii at my door!!

After this we decide we are heading to see How To Train a Dragon, was a good movie and a great time. Then to Mesa Rosa for dinner..Cameron's favorite place for queso and family time. Personally my favorite is Matt's El Rancho here in Austin or Mi Cocina in Dallas.. YUMMY.Now it's time to get home, get baths and get to bed.. Sweet dreams my sweet children.. Day 33 was a lovely day, thank you Jesus. And thank you Easter Bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment