Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 16... Sweet 16


Day 16 ... Almost started with drama, but after the 1 second I took away TV privileges I totally got the "I was just trying to make you laugh mommy, I was only playing."  uh-huh.. We'll then, it was funny, now go get ready.  Morgan stayed home, so it was a nice and speedy drop off session.

Wednesdays are clean house day for me, so I get started right away.  Floors to mop, sheets to wash, laundry to fold.. and so on.

By noon it's time to get on my trainer.  I am quite fatigued from racing 2 times in one week so, I'm just riding an easy 60 minutes.  Nothing fancy.  I am actually reading a magazine (Triathlon) and riding away.  I am contemplating my training in the process, as well as the athletes I coach.  I usually will try new things out on myself before I decide I think they would benefit the athletes I coach. 

After I am done with my spin, I start working on my Xterra Athletes training.. I am getting way more detailed because I have a better plan of attack now that I have seen the courses per say.  This type of training is completely different from road racing.  Constant Heart Rate fluctuation, and mostly breathless on the climbs.. So, it was time to throw in some super details. 

2pm.. It's time for me to get ready to get Cameron and we are going straight to the pool!!We get to swim outside today!!  YAY!!  Morgan and Cameron can play in the big pool while I train in the lap pool.

Morgan and I get Cameron and he's excited to swim as well.

We get to the gym.. DRATS!!!! Family swim is 11-2. UGH!!! Total BUMMER. They want to leave, so I have to sit them down for a pep talk, because I still want to swim. I can still swim but, no lifeguards for the kids.  They are extremely dissappointed but they do enjoy playing in the kids gym.   After a little coercion they fold.  I promise Cameron he can run 3 miles when we get home.. Yes, for him that is a reward.. hum.. think he's my son or what? 

I take them in and I hurry to change.  I go outside and stick my foot in.  It's a tad chilly but, the sun is shining and it's just beautiful to be outside.  I dive right in!!!
Does that not look LUSH!! 

I did everything on 40's 1x40, 4x250(10 laps) then 10x4(100s).. There is Waldo:o)  I felt pretty good.  I shower and get the kids. 

10 minutes out Cameron starts planning his run/walk.  I tell him he's gonna go with his daddy.  Mommy needs to cook dinner.  He's bummed because he has to wait for daddy to get ready.. He is very impatient to get going.. Again, like his mommy. 

Daddy is finally ready...

Off they go for their run... I smile and go inside. 

I am actually meeting Ed tonight to discuss his training for the next 6 weeks.  He's here at 5:30 and we talk training for about an hour.  In between all that, as usual I have my daily intake of the children in the 'HOOD in and out my front door and eating all the snacks in the house, letting my dogs out.. Typical after 5 afternoon at my house.

Rob mows the lawn and I cook dinner.  Kids are fed and I send Cameron upstair to Daddy's office to work on Project Leaf Cutter Ant for school with his daddy.  I smile... More time with his Daddy.  Project due Friday but, I want him to learn procrastination is not good, so we start early and are ready ahead of time. 

Cramming never works in my field.. If I don't plan my training ahead of time and think I can do well by waiting until the last few weeks, I'd never be successful in my racing.  Plan, Prepare, Execute.. Get it done. 

So, as exciting or not as my day is or was, it's almost 10pm and I'm going to bed.  I am done a little early and I need some rest.  I am again excited about running tomorrow.  I am planning a new route, wait til you see what I have in store, it's somewhere I've never run before:o)  I hope it's fun!!!
iSwim,iRide,iRun,iPlay.... iLIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment