Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 23...


Day 23... Started at about 6am with my dog licking herself like crazy, and the sound makes me tuck my head under the pillow. It just sounds gross. I cuddle with Cameron and Morgan for a while then it's time to get moving. I get Cameron to school. Morgan and I head back home. I am training on my spin bike this morning.


I have a meeting at 10:30 so, I want to go ahead and get part of my workout in. I warm up for a few minutes and then ride for ...40 minutes. Nice and easy. I love having a Spin bike at home to train on because of my children. It makes training more accessible, I have no excuses. I love that! I am done and it's time to get ready. Morgan is going to play with Ella today while I'm gone. She's soooo excited. I had to tell her they were out shopping because I was not dropping her off until a bit before 10am. She was all dressed and waiting in the car. She went so far as to bring me a towel and clothes while I was in the shower. She was in a mad rush to go. I arrived to my meeting early. I love to be early.. No stress. Met some great ladies from Team in Training and discussed Coaching for the Triathlon Team here in Austin.. I was Head Coach for the Marathon Team in Los Angeles, South Bay Chapter. Coaching people to achieve something they never dreamed possible is so amazing. Every one of these people does this program to GIVE BACK. Some are survivors, some have family or friends with Leukemia. Others sadly, have had family or friends who have lost the battle to this disease. They all have a reason, they all have a story. A cause for why they are here. I love being a part that can encourage them to reach the FINISH. After our meeting, I headed back to get Morgan and of course she was not ready to go, so I just talked with my dear friend Kaari for a while until I insisted we go. We ran by the house, then it was off to the gym. I was running out of time... Pun Intended:o). Today was a Dreadmill, I mean Treadmill run.

Good Times.


The reality is, I would rather be outdoors. For the 13 Years I was a Flight Attendant I trained on Treadmills for thousands of miles because of late night arrivals, early morning departures, unsafe conditions, you name it. I have run on treadmills at every hour in the day and night to get my training in. I know almost every gym and the kind of treadmills they have on every layover that United AIrlines has in the USA, Germany, London, Japan, Sydney, Melbourne, and South America, and I am very picky about my treadmills at this point. I have trained for countless marathons, and Half Ironmans, and Ironmans on treadmills.


I would rather be outside. I do think treadmills are a useful tool for training and pacing but, for some reason I do dread the thought of training on one. Once I get going, all is good and I am happy as a clam. I can run even intervals at specific paces and times and it's great. It's just the freedom that running gives me outdoors, that I love.


Now that my children are older and heavier, they actually out weigh me when I run with them in the stroller, by over 20 lbs. So, when Rob is out of town, I am forced indoors. I am grateful to have an amazing gym that I can go to that has all the best equipment and amneties for me to use. THAT makes me happy.


After my 40 minute run.. Again hit the 40, it was time to get Morgan from the Kid's Gym and get Cameron from school.


At this point I really didn't have a plan but, I was hungry. I was driving around and started to head to ThunderCloud Subs for a sandwich to eat at the park while my kids played. At the last second I flipped a U-turn. I don't want a stinkin' sandwich, I want a BURGER.. YUM!


We head to my favorite burger place...





and they have an amazing park/play area for the kids. I just got 2 birds with one stone. SCORE!!!


Now that's what I call a burger.. I do apologize to those of you who don't eat meat. But, it's part of what I did, and for me a juicy burger maybe 2-3 times a year just ROCKS!!



After this we head home, doesn't take 2 minutes before we are inside that my doorbell is ringing. I think they stalk us.. LOL. I just love it. We have a short playtime though, it's already 5:30. 6pm and it's dinner time at my house so, time for all to go. I'm not eating. That burger will last me until tomorrow. So worth it!





At last, all is quiet and my children are tucked gently in the bed. All and all Day 23 was..LOVELY..Be Safe... iSwim, iBike, iRun, iPlay.. ALL DAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment