Thursday, April 22, 2010

Day 15...Frolicking FUN!!!


Day 15... WOW, everyone was up bright and early. They wanted pancakes for breakfast. 6:30 I start the pancake making process and we take turns adding the ingredients. ALL organic Flour, baking soda, sea salt, sugar, butter, egg, and milk, mexican vanilla, and a dash of cinnamon. Cameron thinks I have the market cornered on the world's best pancakes.

I use my favorite Pampered Chef pan..and here you go, yummy pancakes for breakfast.


7:15 time to go. We get in the car and it's kind of drizzly. Morgan and I walk Cameron in, blow kisses and head back to the car.

Now it's time to get Morgan ready for MDO... I am planning on heading straight downtown to run the Barton Creek Greenbelt. I get all my stuff ready. She is wanting to take a bag stuffed with toys today. Fine, let's just go.

I drop her off and head downtown. I am pretty excited, I have never run this trail before.



I get going, and I am kind of happy for the overcast skies and drizzle. Keeps me cool. After about 1/4 mile I hit a canopy of trees and I am running parallel to Barton Creek. It's just beautiful back here and I can hardly believe in the 4 years I have been here I have never run this trail. Shame on ME! It's beautiful, the sounds are amazing and so is the fragrance of the flowers. It is LUSH with green.



These are some of the pictures I stopped to take along the way.
I can jump in the water at any point actually.


after quite a bit of running through the trail, I manage to get myself lost. I try to avoid trail shootoffs, but somewhere I made an OOPS.. I also knew at this point I had no time to waste, I had an hour to get back.



Finally I found the trail back... I remembered some of these rocks, they were tough to get over the first time.



This was a bit of a challenge and definitely not RUN -able. I make it back to the car...
2:04:40..there is Waldo "40"
 with plenty of time to take a dive in the Barton Springs Pool!!! YEAH!!! I head down but, there is a problem.....

They are closed!!!  DRATS!!!Back to the car!!   I was hoping to get an icey dip in Barton Creek... Divers and all, they are cleaning.

  Back to the car.. I dry my sweaty legs off with a towel and hop in my car.  I'm hungry, but no time to stop.  Thankfully I have a snack.  My favorite True North cranberry almond crisps..YUMMY!
I pick Morgan up and we head home. 
 I need a shower.  In and out, then off to get Cameron. 
  Cameron and I head to the store, today is EARTH DAY and so far I have spent most of my day enjoying the beautiful outdoor.  I think that's pretty cool.  At HEB if you bring in plastic bags today you get this..

Free Earth Day bag for me!!  WooHoo!!

My next plan is to ride at 4pm.. Weather is grey but it's not raining. I text out, RIDE IS ON.  Great... We are all in.

Cameron and I get home and we start working on his Leaf Cutter Ant model.  I stop to go outside, it's 4pm to get my bike ready.. IT'S RAINING.. Ride is off.. I sent texts.  It's just to slick and dangerous. 

So, Cameron and I finish his project...Yes, I made him a little grassy spot.  We never do anyting half way 'round here.  It's a girl... googly eyes have eyelashes.. HAAHAA! Annie Ant. 

Now it's time for me to get on my trainer since our outside ride was cancelled.. I watch cartoons with the kids and read until it's time to do my climbs...

 Then it's all focus.. 45 minutes later I am done and in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Of course I was still in my riding clothes, I do what I can.  Dinner's done, kids are showered and in bed and I am going to catch up on American Idol.  I am still on the 9 competing.. and yes, I know who already got kicked off, but I still like to watch.. Bowersox and Lee Dewyze are my FAV!!! I really don't care if either win or not, they are both awesome and I will download their music.  I'm a FAN!!  Allright so until tomorrow..... iSwim,iRide,iRun,iPlay and tonight iSing....

No comments:

Post a Comment