Friday, April 23, 2010

Day 14...Moving Forward...Full Steam..

Day 14... Pancake stack again... and it seems it's well like by others as well, so at the end of this blog I will try to add a recipe by the day.. I normally wing it and season to taste but, I will do my best to give you some good ideas.



7:15 Cameron is off to school Annie Ant project in hand.

Morgan and I get home and I start getting some more cleaning projects done. First, mow... rain is coming and I actually like to mow wet grass, keeps all that crazy dry stuff from blowing up my nose. Second, hose down the upstairs deck. Third, hose down front porch from hosing down upstairs and washing all outdoor furniture. Now, that was some work.



11am.. time to run some errands and pick up shoes that have been donated for the FortytoForty countdown collection for the ShoeBank as well as financial donations.. Thank you Jen Smith.



I also want to thank Karen English for all her shoe donations. I will be collecting until May 01. If you are in Austin please go by Anytime Fitness on Anderson Mill, for a shoe donation you will receive a two week membership as well as a fitness consult. Michael Bland is the contact. Also at VO2 Triathlon and Cycles.. 10% discount on new shoes. http://www.vo2tc.com/


So, back to the day. I get back from errands and finish up.

Morgan and I are going to pick Cameron up and head straight to the pool to swim.. Today I called, they are open. I tell Cameron and he is thrilled!! We head to the car quickly.

We get to the gym, and I see no lifeguards so I inquire with the 1 staff member I see. She tells me Family Swim is inside..YUCK. I tell her both my children can swim and I will be outside swimming laps can we please swim outside.. She is OK with that so we go outside and I swim a very easy 1000, which is 40 laps..Cameron and Morgan play.. Then Cameron films me swimming in the rain. At this point it's raining pretty good.


This water feels AWESOME!!!



I am done with my swim and it starts to pour down rain. We head inside now for Family Swim and join the other... families. I sit down to actually work CORE pool side and the kids are happily playing with other children.



Morgan and her bag of watermelon. Yummy!!



4:45 time to head home, I have dinner to cook. Tonights menu: Turkey Tofu Meatloaf, Brown rice and Mixed Veggies.


My favorite cutter in the world....


So the recipe for this yummy dinner and might I add one of Rob's favorites:

1.25lbs ground turkey
1 med onion
garlic(I use about a table spoon of that mince garlic in the jar)
3/4 cup organic bread crumbs
1/4 cup chicken stock
1 box Silken MoriNu Light Tofu(Firm)
1TBS soy sauce
pepper(fresh Cracked preferred)
1 egg, lightly beaten.



1.Saute onions and garlic.. Can add mushrooms if you want(rob does not like mushrooms)I use just a touch of oil.
2. mix all ingredients in bowl...
3. Bake uncovered in loaf pan for maybe an hour.
and..... here you go... I hope you make some of my recipes and...ENJOY!!!



Let me say, while all this cooking was going on, Cameron was having a fit that his eyes were burning.. Milk is a cure, so we put a tad of milk in his eyes. He was so tired at the kitchen table eating dinner, this is what happened..



He was head bobbing at the table... I was cracking up. He never actually ate his dinner and Rob carried him to bed.

Now for the finished dinner..Time to eat!!!  Both kids are in bed and it's only 7:30..Woohoo!!  I still  have a bit of work to do but, I am hoping nothing to dramatic.  Tomorrows ride is about 85 miles and I have a full day following.. We'll see you then!!
iSwim,iRun,iRide,iPlay...iNfinity...

No comments:

Post a Comment