Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 20.. No Whiners!!!


Day 20... This morning was a continuation from yesterday because I didn't really sleep. My sweet baby girl has a sore throat so she moaned and cried all night in my bed. When she was actually sleeping she was talking in her sleep and then would start crying again. She then started spitting all morning because it hurt to swallow. Like I have said before, it's usually drama anytime I have a race the next day. Remember last week I was up with Cameron the night before Cap10k because he took his fingernail off. Let's just say almost everytime I race, I count on little to no sleep. Just roll with it.

At 7:30 it was time to leave for Muleshoe Bend Park where my race was. Drive time was about 50-55 minutes. Everyone is in the car. Morgan is a trooper. We get close to our destination but, Rob forgets where the turn is OMG... are you kidding. We have 30 minutes until race start, and no cell phone connection and you forgot the turn off?? My Heart Rate was going through the roof. Right as he was about to make his 3rd wrong turn, Steve shows up behind us.. can we say "answered prayer" He leads us down and I keep my mouth shut. I still have 20 minutes to warmup. Steve is a great friend of ours and I am coaching him for Triathlon!! He's gonna kill it tomorrow..

Anyhoo, I get out of the car and start my warmup. It's very humid and overcast and the trail is super muddy and slick. But, we all have the same circumstances so, I just hope I am the most nibble and quick for today.

Before Race Start....


On your Mark...And their OFF.. Look at us all starting our watches

Go Go GO!!!


Half way point.. I'm in the lead, Jamie Cleveland, Pro Triathlete, and super great runner and owner of Hill Country Running Store in Austin, marking my number.

Coming around for the second loop and into the finish... Still in the lead!!! YeeHAW!!!!!Go Spidey!!!



Our 3 little Xterra runners, Fin(steve's son) Cameron and Morgan!
One of my biggest cheerleaders!!!

This was a fabulous trail race and I absolutely LOVED it!!! Sheer FUN!!! Frolickling through the woods and getting muddy and, let's just say.. This ROCKED!!! Go Xterra and Pure Austin for putting this on. Also, race director Mike Carter!! Great Job!
There was hamburgers, hotdogs, cold drinks, and cold beer from NXNW.. North by NorthWest Brewery.


Rob and Steve hanging out!

Also, let's not forget the after race contests. First prize for eating a banana the fastest get's compt entry into the next Xterra event.. I'm in!!!
I WIN!! I ate that banana in like 3 seconds flat!! I couldn't believe I did that!! I beat out the guys!! Who Knew.. Sorry I don't have any pictures of that..LOL.
Next was the Gatorade chugging contest... Free pair of Xterra Trail Running Shoes.. I'm in again and out of all these people only 4 people enter the contest and I'm the only girl.. Hey, that's like 100 bucks.. I give it all I have and I don't chug Gatorade.. Drats... I got beat on this one..I think that guy Bonged that Gatorade.

Oh well... It was hilarious and I love that fun part!! It's why we race!!! iPLAY right!!
It's getting time for me to get the kids home, its chilly and Morgan is not doing well. We are waiting for the Awards. I actually was Overall Female winner. I was so Stoked!!!!!!! YeeHAW!!!!!!


Check out those awesome pants!!! 2XU http://www.2xu.com/
I get my award, and thank everyone for the race and we gotta go.

Kids in the car and we are on the way back home. We saw these amazing horses when we were driving out.. They were running with our car.

After about 25 minutes this was the back seat.

Who raced today?? These kids were wiped out!!! We get home and everyone is taking a nap?? What? Why am I still awake and cleaning house? Whatever.. The neighbor children keep ringing the door bell and finally I let the kids go play. I warned them Morgan was sick, but kids will be kids.

At about 5pm, I head over to my dear friend Kaari and Jason's. They are moving soon and this was a moving out party. I get the kids and off we go. We arrive early because tonight will be an early night for me. After some great food and some great conversation, it's 7:15 and time for me to get the kids home and to bed with me following soon after.

Rob and Steve are both racing Xterra tomorrow. I am hoping for solid finishes from both of them. We'll be up bright and early to go out and cheer them on!! So after an very exciting day 20!! iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay and today iHad a BLAST!! Go Xterra!!

No comments:

Post a Comment