Saturday, April 10, 2010

Day 27...Here She Comes... To Save the DAY!!!

Day 27.. Started with an early morning short run in preparation for tomorrow's race.. Total time was 27:40.. Had to get the 40 in there. I also ran my pickups on 40 seconds, I did 10 of those... Just keeping the 40's rolling today. All done, my legs feel pretty good, but I am always nervous before I race. ALWAYS....
At about 11, I head over to do the planting of those beautiful flowers. 40+Flowers actually and it turned out quite lovely.
Yes, I put knee pads on... This was killing my knees, can't let that happen before a race.
  I really enjoy gardening and teaching my kids how to plant and take care of things, so this is always a treat for me. The Donations I made for this will go toward my fundraising for the Shiner 100 miler. www.shiner.com/shinerghasp/ Cancer research.
So, if your in need of some minor landscaping, I will do it for donations of course... 100% going to cancer research.
After I was done there, I wanted to check on Rob and the rest of the riders I am normally riding with. I knew Rob was getting tired, he rode hard mountain biking yesterday and ran. Then today riding 80+ miles was tough. I also needed him home because Cameron had a birthday party at 2:30. So, I decided to go get him, and check on the other riders.
I was today what you would call SAG(Support and Gear), or the SAG WAGON... http://www.irunitri.com/  for SAG support.  Just in case anyone needed food, tire change etc... I showed up in the final 10 miles so, wasn't much good but, it's a long way to go and to see another smiling face is always nice.
So, I met Rob at the top of the hill and got him in the car. The other riders(Pam, Tim, Veanne and Rick) continued on. I am glad I picked him up, we would have been really late to the party. He was glad too, in his words he was "toast", had nothing left.
We pulled up to the house and as usual on Saturdays when the weather is great the children were all outside. I had time to make a sandwich, get the birthday present together and go.. We were heading to ArrowHeadRanch http://www.arrowheadranchonline.com/

Cameron wrangling the cow with a lasso.. This was funny..
after the kids got to wrangle this nice fake baby cow.. They got to give a shot to a real live ...MAN.. the guy standing there with the rope.. He let the kids wrangle him and tie him up like a steer.. Now that's funny stuff..

My new friend, Abraham, he liked my nail polish, and kept licking my feet.


This place was just super cool, and it's right in the middle of a neighborhood, 10 minutes from me.  Austin.. SO COOL!!!

We get  home and ahhhh the children, are all in the yard and  garage... ARG... MY GARAGE again.. oh well.  I smiled and went inside to see how Rob was feeling.  He was laying on the couch just grinning and I had to laugh.  He was so tired and I have heard it takes less muscles to smile, so that's what I was thinking.  He was just to tired to frown.  The kids all came running inside and I quickly gathered them up and shooed them back out.  I went out too to be outside.. weather is perfect. Around 6pm I came inside to start dinner.

All of a sudden I hear a shriek scream, Cameron is running and crying toward the house.  He's crying so hard I can't understand him.  He shows me his finger.  YIKES.. I calmly but quickly head over to my Emergency First Aid Kit holding his hand and him walking behind me, yes, I have one in my car at all times.  I am trained to save a life. 

 As I look at his finger I calmly ask him what happened, the entire front and top of his finger is bleeding.  As he is telling me he ran over his finger with the skate board, I take a closer look.  The entire finger nail was ripped completely off and most of the skin around it.  OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!  He is still crying and I know at this point this needs more then a band-aid.  In my head I'm thinking "man, that has got to hurt." I take him inside and we get it cleaned up and bandaged up.  We also give him some Motrin for the pain, I know that is going to start throbbing.  After about 10 minutes he goes out to tell everyone he is fine but, he wants to stay inside now. 

We all sit down for dinner and things are nice and calm.  With dinner done, showers... and ahhhhh BEDTIME.  I will follow shortly after I finish writing this.  I need my rest.  Although tomorrow is a shorter distance for me, it is run at a much faster pace.  I pray for strength and speed and most of all protection.  That I will soar on wings like eagles, that I will run and not grow weary, I will walk and not be faint.. Isaiah 40:30-31.. iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay....  Let's get it going!!

No comments:

Post a Comment