Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 19... Mean and LEAN



Day 19... Well unfortunately was another continuation from yesterday and the day before as well. Morgan is still sick, then add in the nightmares she was having about being attacked by ants and her fear of going back to sleep because she kept having the same dream, this made for a long night. Even after I reassured her I was right there and no ants were going to get her. I was hoping I didn't start getting itchy. That happens for some reason at night when we think about bugs. It's completely psychological. Not sure why but, whatever, it didn't happen probably because I was to tired.
Ugh... Morning came early, thankfully I was not the one racing today. Just Rob and Steve. I still had to get the kids ready to go. Rob left earlier so he could set up his gear. I got the kids ready and made sandwiches for the drive. Muleshoe Bend Park is a pretty long drive so they had plenty of time to "Fine Dine and Drive." We arrive about 15 minutes to start. The crazy thing was that Cameron remembered the drive from yesterday and was giving me directions.. He's a smart one..
We hurry to park and run down to the water so I can get pictures. Race Director Mike Carter was giving directions and a pep talk.. He's good at that!
Rob is in the yellow cap, Steve is next to Rob (I coach Steve) and Adrian is is in front of Steve, he was third overall today.
As we waited for the start I grabbed Rob's t-shirt for Cameron, it was a tad chilly.
After a few minutes, we head over to where the swimmers were coming out of the water. Jamie Cleveland Pro Triathlete and co-owner of Hill Country Running Store was first out of the water. Rob was fourth.. Great Job!
Allright... Time to move on. I snap a few pictures of Steve and Rob in and out of transitions... Go Go Go!!!! I'm cheering.
Steve looks and me and says "how far behind Rob am I?".. I laughed and realized he had another goal and Rob had thison his back.. He was just a few minutes back. Go get him!! I yell!! Eye of the Tiger!!
Now it's time for me to take the kids and run up the trail where they were yesterday. I had to crack jokes about all the people standing in the trees just hanging out. Of course, my two monkeys were having a ball with it. Morgan was picking flowers and Cameron was peeing on trees. Yes, I did take that picture and no, I won't post that one. I have it for when he gets older.. TOns of cool people hanging out watching.
First rider, Jamie Cleveland... See that smile... He has it on almost the whole time!!!
Rob comes through eventually..
Smiling...
Then Steve.... One more loop to go.
Jamie was still in the lead on the second loop and smiling. Adrian had moved up to third . We kept waiting for Rob and Steve. Steve arrives first. Great JOB!!! He's off on his run!! Steve is coming in from his run
and
still no Rob. At this point I was getting a tad concerned. After about 10 more minutes.. He comes running next to his bike in his socks, rolling his bike. He has blood on his face, shoulders, and arms. His bike is broken so he's been running the last few miles in socks. No WHINERS... He keeps going.. "Make me proud soldier!!!" I shout. Cameron and Morgan are proud of daddy but ask mommy " he's bleeding Mommy, is daddy hurt?" I say. "not now, but he will later" and we run down to the finish and transition area to catch the action.
Jamie wins overall, Kyle Grieser was second, and third was Adrian Barron. That's as deep as I'll go with finishes. GREAT JOB Guys!! Steve has a strong finish and Rob is getting his run on, only this time in trail shoes. I know his feet have to be hurting from the rocks earlier. We hang out and talk as we wait for Rob.
Dratssssss!! He now runs down to transition and has to run an additional 4 miles of really tough trail.
The kids and I head back down to finish/transiton area .
Here comes Rob heading out for his run.. This time in shoes.
We hang out and talk and Morgan is again "Fine Dining"
She was still feeling bad but, she was kind of busy being the center of attention as you will see in a minute.
Rob comes into the finish... Good Job!!
Bruised and battered but not defeated!!
After the last finisher, the contests start. First with the banana eating and then today they got fancy.. Pushup contest... Sweet..

 What?? No Girls?
This was one I actually can not do, I have torn ligaments in both my wrists. I'll save that story for another day.
 I'm out on this one. So instead, I video it for all of you.. Mind you this is not for the faint of heart.. These guys are all pretty cute..AND STRONG!
And the winner gets a new pair of Xterra Running Shoes!!! Keep in mind, all these guys just finished a pretty tough course.
AND in the video; Morgan in the center of it ALL!!! I laugh.

The real reason we do this though is for the beer and games afterwards.. Goodtimes are had by all, First through Last, because most everyone hangs out the entire afternoon, which is what is so SUPER SUPER cool about Xterra. Sure, we love to compete and win, but the camaraderie is AWESOME!!

Allright, time to get the kids home. Cameron goes with Rob and I take Morgan. She feels horrible at this point and is whimmering in the back, crying and drifting in and out of sleep. She finally falls asleep. About 10 minutes from home she wakes up screaming and crying. Spitting, and wanting water. We hit the drive-thru. Now she has to pee. For cryin' out loud. I hurry and park, without getting our drinks, run my crying child inside to pee. She's still crying and the guy is standing at the door with my drinks as I hold her. He sets the drinks down takes my money and walks off to get change.

Now I am holding my crying, sick daughter and have to carry 2 large drinks. For the love of Pete I have a flashing thought of who's Pete anyways and manage to grab the change, my drinks, hold Morgan and get into the car. If this doesn't make me a TRIATHLETE, nothing will. Oh, and a stack of napkins for her spitting deal she has going on. Mommy's have octopus arms if we have to.. Ok.. Off we go, home sweet home.

She needs some Motrin...FAST!! Her fever is 103.5. She takes the Motrin and I get her in bed. She is having a fit about not wanting to be in bed. Rob gives her his iPhone to play games and all is quiet. Wow..That was easy.

After about 30 minutes, she gets up and all is good. I think "your kidding right"
I got to the store to rent a Rug Dr. on a whim, I decide I want to shampoo the carpets. No better time then now.. Let's get this party started. As if I don't have enough going on. I get home and get busy. I stop for  10 minutes to get Cameron to a birthday party.

Come back and get started again. I break again, for a little bit to discuss with Steve his race and how he felt and our next steps for training. We hang up and I start again. I have until 6pm until I pick Cameron up. Plenty of time for what I want to do.

 Done just in time, I run out the door to get Cameron. I hang out for a bit to talk and then it's time to go.

On the way home I see Veanne and I stop to catch up for a minute. She has a bum knee and has not been able to run, this is incredibly frustrating for her and a big learning experience. She's going to do great we just need to get those running legs back. All in due time.
I get Cameron in and I head out once more.. I'm getting my hair done tonight as well. Fortunately so far, I have no gray hair, but I do get highlights every few months. Yeah..... I wasn't going to post this picture but, whatever. It's what I did and it's pretty funny actually so this is my hair during my lovely process


 and after process..

 NO LAUGHING.. ok.. maybe a little. Whatever.. I actually can't believe I added that to my blog.  So, as of this writing it's about 11:35 PM.  So far I have not done a thing of 40 today.  I am going to stop and take a break and attempt 40 push ups and abs..  BREAK... I'll be right back so I can add that in.. We'll see how long it atually takes me.  I'll post that as well.
Allright.. Proof is in the pudding.. took me about 3 minutes. 
I did 4 sets of 10 reps.. Yes, I use the PERFECT PUSHUP.  This is the only way I can do push-ups or on my fists because of my wrists.  They are permanently damaged.  so... Thank you PERFECT PUSHUP.  I followed that with 4x10 abs on my ab ball.  So, there is my 40x40 for today.. Hey, just have to keep it honest.  Until tomorrow...Time flys when your having FUN!!!!!  iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay and I usually ALWAYS HAVE FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment