Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 30.. Time to get Dirty

Arrrgggg!! I walked into the garage this morning on my way to take Cameron to school and had a bit of a fit. My garage was a mess. But no time to do anything about it, I can't be late. Hurry, hurry.. Off to school.


I'd love to post a "before" picture but quite frankly I was to embarrassed. So, let me give you a little history. Our house is the place where the neighborhood kids like to hang out. We have a corner lot and a very big yard.  Battery powered jeeps, trucks, bikes, scooters, basketball, soccer nets, and the list goes on. And yes, my kids and all the neighbor kids use all these items and NO I did not pay full price for the 3 battery powered cars or the kids Harley. Got them all on Craigslist for under $30 :o) what a deal!!!  Anyways, it's like a dump and run in the garage and I was about to snap. So instead I got dirty. I cleaned up that mess and threw a bunch of stuff out.


Then I got busy organizing all the BIG toys.. ahhhhhh soooo nice, all is clean. Now it was time to take a break and head to the pool. Today I decided I'd get that 40 laps in (1000) plus see how far I could swim in 40 minutes with minimal rest breaks.. Kinda funny but I thought I'd give it a shot.. I was going at a nice steady comfortable pace.. Think I managed 2400, I was happy with that. Jumped out of the pool, quick shower and time to get Morgan.


Wanted to hurry home to finish my house cleaning before it was time to pick Cameron up. Morgan helped me clean and I was done. Time to get Cameron and head home. He notices the garage immediately and says "wow, mom you've been busy. It looks great!!" "Thanks Cameron" I say.. Thinking I love my son for noticing and actually saying thank you.


Now it's 4pm and time for my ride. We have major headwinds on the outbound which is a change. We've been having headwinds coming back for the last couple weeks. So we are pushing from the get go. I am riding with Veanne (V) and Ed this evening.

We are actually riding very short this evening, a little over an hour which ends up being about 23 miles. Ed and I are both racing on Sunday so we are taking it easy, he turns back about 10 minutes sooner then V and me. When hit our turn around, we are FLYING home, the tailwind has us averaging over 30mph and I'm hardly pedaling. It was SWEET!!!!!! We get home super fast and I head out for my run. My yard is full of children so I want to hurry and get back,  I want to play too. I run for maybe 24 minutes.. getting the 4 in there.  I see nothing but sunshine and love in my yard.. Children!!!! All the toys are out and wait... the garage.."Get out of my garage".. I laugh and say "I'm kidding, whatever, I'll clean it tomorrow again. Let's have fun!!

Morgan comes outside with all her dress up clothes so the girls can play.. NICE!! Everyone is having fun!!  AH!!  My day is coming to a close.  Time to cook dinner, Chicken Parmesan tonight yummy!!  30 and Dirty..Mommy is finally showered, kids are showered,  life is good.  Rob puts the kids to bed so I can write and close out my evening.  I'm sitting here writing and my dog, Jackson, is behind me barking in his sleep, quite funny actually. Wonder what he is dreaming about..

Oh, the life of my dogs, chasing lizards and butterflies, and digging holes.. Oh and running with me of course!!  iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay.... SPREAD THE WORD!!  Join the FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment