Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 18... Everything is CLEAN!!!



Day 18... Yes, I will try to rhyme my titles as long as I can, and for today this is quite fitting actually.
7am.. Cameron tells me he's not going to school. 7:05 drama in the kitchen, he tells me he's going to sleep in class while his teacher is talking because he's too tired. My response..tonight your in bed at 7pm, his response..No 6pm.. my response..Fine now go get dressed. ? What just happened? 7:15 he's ready to go. I'm glad that was short lived.

Morgan is ready too, she wants to go with me. She is feeling so much better. I am so thankful. She had a rough weekend, and was such a trooper.

Last night while I was writing and finishing up, she came in crying telling me she wasn't going back to bed until I came to bed. Then when she was trying to get back to sleep she said her head would not stop making "stories." So, I asked what kind of "stories." I was hoping not about ants again, that was dreadful. She said grass and monkeys,


I thought this must be from us standing in the trees watching the race. Then I tried to change the "Stories" and told her to think of billowing clouds.


She says "Now it's an Octopus, and they eat people


and are mean" I said "think of angel fish sweetie and dolphins" She says "I'm not getting the the Ocean" I'm thinking... great, it's 1am and that was not the plan at this point. Next... Those darn ANTS again!!! So, naturally I say "Butterflies", she argues but Mommy, they won't go away(the ants). My next response, "Morgan remember that gentle ladybug that was on that purple flower that you and Cameron found and he gentle flew away.


Think about the ladybug. Next thing I knew she was sound asleep. Dreaming......This of course is the short version. This dialog lasted about 45 minutes. Can I just get some sleep!!! There she was peaceful as a ladybug. I close my eyes and join her.

Ok.. So back to this morning, Cameron is off and I head back home after a conversation with another triathlete competing in his first Half Ironman.. "Albert, your gonna do GREAT!" in case you're reading this.

I get home and it's time to finish that cleaning. I am finishing with the Rug Doctor today.. The lean, mean, cleaning machine. I get busy!! I am done in a few hours. I look around thinking "what next?".. I get Morgan in the car and we get ready to take the machine back.

Quick change of mind, I run in start the shower and get the dogs.. My house and floors are clean and still moist and my dogs are dirt bags. They are the next victims of Hurricane Claudia.

Now they will go out to the garage. It's amazing how smelly "clean" wet dogs are..YUCK! They were even



fructis clean.. What's up with that? And let's not forget the full on coat they shed after a washing. After that ordeal, I head to the HEB to bring the cleaner back on the way to pick Cameron up from school.



We get to school and he is ready to go. Today we are going to Gatti-Land. MEFOM..Mom's Eat Free on Mondays.. I do like the salad bar and the pizza and the garlic bread.. and and and..So, off we go.





After we eat we head to the Arcade area. They have $6 to play and share, then it's time to go. I rally just want to play skeeball but, they want to do other things.. Oh well, I'll get over it.



We are out of money and head home. Gretchen will be here at 5 today. We are riding. I need to get my legs moving to speed up recovery. The tendon in the lower part of the lateral side of my left leg is a tad tweaked front the terrain I ran on. I need to get it moving before it gets to tight.



Ed arrives early, and for some reason I had lost track of time. I was not ready and things got a little hectic as we were trying to get out the door. Rob and Ed are both waiting on me and I can't find my helmet. I am a bit agitated. "Just get me on my bike please" "give me 4 minutes to get my head on straight please." I need a TIME-OUT, seriously



Ahhhh, much better. We are off and after a couple minutes I apologize for my short fuse. Best thing for me is a run or ride when I feel like this, it cures what ails me.



We have a headwind going out and tailwind on the return. Very nice recovery ride. We get home and my watch.. 1:40:00.. Sweet!! Now for my run. I am just going to go for maybe 2 miles.. 14 minutes:o).. That felt great and my leg feels much better.





I get home and Rob is going to meet some friends and move some boxes. I get dinner for the kids and they are watching my favorite show... Scooby-Doo. I think they have seen every episode a thousand times and I probably have too.
I hustle them in the shower, we are WAAAY past that 6pm marker.. I laugh and Cameron gets out of the shower and straight to bed. I hope we don't have that drama again tomorrow.
Now it's almost 10:30 and I am off to bed. This sounds crazy especially since I just had a pretty long trail race this weekend but, I can hardly wait to run tomorrow. I guess if you know me well enough you know I am usually always happy to run and if you are keeping up with my Blog, you see it is part of my life. Someday though.. for some reason, I get especially excited. I don't know how to explain it, I only hope it rubs off on those who need a little extra motivation to get out the door. Until tomorrow.... iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay and iLove!!

No comments:

Post a Comment