Saturday, April 3, 2010

Day 34... Finding Florence...

The reason I have titled my blog Finding Florence is because we never have until today. Florence is a small town here in the Austin surrounding area. Most of our rides include small towns and by the time we figured out we've gone the wrong way to get to Florence, it's time for us to start heading back. It's actually become a joke of sorts because we are glad we are all fit enough to go the distance, even if we are lost and have to add the extra mileage. Still we never found Florence until today. But, first let me start with our ride. We had a wheels up time from Starbucks at 7:30.. Off we go. The weather was perfect. The Cow Patty Classic(an organized bike ride fundraiser) was also going on so there were tons of riders out this morning.

We decided mid-ride to change our ride route and turn around point which took us through Andice and Florence. After a short stop in Andice(potty break) we took off and followed the Cow Patty Riders..LOL..towards Florence, I know we cheated. We made it to Florence... FINALLY:O) We have gotten lost several times trying to ride to get here. The picture of Rick with the map is fitting. HAAHAA They boys went into Vic's, which is a local store and got pickles.. the salt helps with cramping before they start(Cramps that is). This is a roadie thing. Roadies are not tri-geeks, they are quite often very good riders and are usually very very good with the rules of the road etc... They do crazy things to some like eat pickles and drink pickle juice..Yuck! but whatever, I don't hate it and I never get cramps so whatever works.. RIGHT.

Then, the owner of the diner across the street, told us if we needed anything to come and get it, water was free, I thought this was a very nice gesture. I'm guessing usually "riders" pull up on horseback and not bikes in these parts. The cost of a good horse and a high end bike is about the same with the horse being faster. But, I like my bike and I don't have to feed it.

40 miles later we are on our way back home, 80 miles is the goal. Arriving at home, I hoped off my bike blew my kisses and went into a 40 minute run. See the 4's rollin. Keepin it real. At exactly 40 minutes I am at my corner and done for my training for the day. I have to say riding is super fun and so is running.

After all this I head up to VO2 to have a new client of mine get her bike adjusted to fit her. She's going to be training for a Half Ironman and she needs the gear and bike to fit etc.. I will leave that to the experts at VO2, Gustavo and Sean. At VO2 I run into Spencer Conklin who is a Pose Running Coach, which is what I would call a bit of a form expert with the Pose Method of Running by Dr.Nicholas Romanov. I have never tried this method, so I am very interested in all of it and I look forward to hopefully working with Spencer in the near future. He has another clinic coming up at VO2TC... Check out their schedule for any info.

Now it was time to get back to my kids who were in the care of a good friend, client, and training partner ED.. He's the crazy guy in the video in the red shirt and that sweet red Cervelo. I have a Blue Cervelo, which I love, but man would I love a new carbon bike with Dura Ace or Sram Red a Power meter and Carbon Bars.. New wheels HAAHAA Dream on Baby.. Maybe one day.. Oh.. Sorry I went off on a bit of a tangent.

Back to reality, pulling weeds and playing with my kids. We head to the neighbors for a swim in some freezing cold water, I make dinner and wait for Rob to get home. He rode a very technical mountain bike course with one of our friends who I am coaching for Xterra, which are offroad triathlons, he had a pretty good crash on his bike hurting his knee but, he'll be fine;O).. OUCH!

Everyone is fed, kids are in bed and I sit here to blog about my day and laugh about my video footage. Hopefully you'll laugh as well. It was a fun day 34 of 40 and even though there was not much silence on my Saturday, I will celebrate a great day and look forward to celebrating Easter tomorrow, a very special day to me and my family. The reason I live, the reason I laugh, the Reason I LOVE.. Jesus Christ baby..He's the real deal.. Dig deep .. you'll find Him there.. He's knocking, just gotta open the door and let Him in..


No comments:

Post a Comment