Friday, April 16, 2010

Day 21... Going Out to Have Some Fun!!!


Day 21... Funday Friday.. That's what I say!! and I'll wear the Shirt!!


Today I get to take Cameron to school by myself.. Daddy is home so, Morgan decided for once she wanted to stay home. Sometimes this does make things a little easier, drop off just seems quicker and less rushed if that makes any sense.


Today though my mom called me from Germany. My parents are away on a trip to the Mother Land and she was doing some shopping for my special European Bedding. Let me tell you IT IS LUSH. I love me some new bedding but, I'll have to get a job just to pay for it. I forgot about the CRAZY EURO... UGH... So, I am talking to her and getting Cameron to school. This was not one of those let me call you right back calls, so I had to talk to her. "hold on a second mom, got to give Cameron a hug and kiss." MUAH!! He's on his way and I am back to discussing bedding colors for the duvet covers. Perfect.. Whatever ... That's great!!


I sure do miss the Deutsche Mark. I actually still have some, not worth crap though. I use to go to Germany a few times a month when I was a Flight Attendant. I have run many a street in Frankfurt.. Running along the Main River in Frankfurt in the fall is one of the most beautiful places.. I just loved it. I do miss flying if I haven't mentioned that. One of these days I'll talk about why I had to leave, let's just say jet setting(flying International) and being based in Los Angeles and living in Austin; Commuting to LA for work made home life very stressful. Especially when we had 2 babies at home, and a husband who also traveled for work... VERY COMPLICATED!



OK, so back to my day. I came home, read the paper, which I do every morning. Yes, I am old school. I love to hold the paper in my hand and touch the ink. I love that my hands get black from the paper and I have to go wash them when I am done. I also like to finish it ASAP so I can put it in the recycling bin.(sometimes before Rob gets to read it....lol) STDD.. Same Thing Different Day.. I guess you could say. Once done with that it was time for me to hit the ground running.


Since I am racing tomorrow, today I had my 4 mile run with 40 second strides. I usually do 10 with one to grow on.. and special effects at the end. My Special Effects are the crazy drills I do around my block just to make sure all my neighbors really know I am a little crazy. Just in case they questioned it, I have a method to my madness... sometimes. After I was all done, I came in and picked up, showered and then it was time for some errands.


I needed to get Robs Mountain bike. He is racing Xterra Triathlon on Sunday!! WOOHOO!! His Mountain bike is almost as big as my car it seems and it was like getting a square peg in a round hole. After moving children car seats, lowering back seats, pulling and tugging, I finally got his bike it, and I didn't have to take any wheels off.. I gave myself a pat on the back, made sure Morgan was securely in her seat and off to next place.            



Vacuum store... I needed more vacuum bags. I have Central Vac.. but, I ALWAYS have a back up and I LOVE my Hoover Self Propelled upright. But, I don't like the paper vacuum bags, I like the fabric kind.. Whatever I know but, it's what I did next, so there you have it.

Now since we are on Lamar.. It's off to Central Market. I LOVE this Ranch Dressing, and it's almost $2 more at Whole Foods. It's called Isabella Rae's... The BEST dressing in the world.. So, usually when I go, I buy about 6 bottles,I am not in this area often, today they only had 2.. DRATS! Morgan loves it as well. She eat's it on almost everything, just like her mommy.

Now, I realize I just publicized the world's best dressing, just don't go out and get it all. It's a long drive for me, or at least let me know that you did, so I don't drive all the way down there and it's all gone. I'll come find you and raid your refrigerator.


So, now we are on our way to get Cameron. At this point we are in a hurry and of course driving on 183 Morgan starts telling me I forgot to let her go to the bathroom?? HUH?? I'm not the one who had to go. She's starting to make me crazy about having to pee so I decide to distract and redirect.."Morgan when was the last time you saw a rabbit?? What color was it? How many? What other animals?" This actually worked for a while.. Then all of a sudden she says "Mommy I have to pee so bad I can't think anymore" So naturally I think of something else to distract her, this time it doesn't work. So now I tell her I am speeding and if I get a ticket she can explain to the officer why I was speeding after she pee's on his shoes. WHEW... I make it to Super Target and the first thing she wants is ballerina shoes. WHAT? I thought you had to pee, she then starts running to the bathroom. Ahhhh she let's out a big sigh of relief.

Now, I have run out of time to get the bike home first, so we are going to have to wing it. My car is packed.. Seriously. It's was sort of like the day I got that tree. CRAZY!! We all squished in and made it home. I get Rob to come get his bike out and he says "wow I'm impressed you got that in your car without taking the wheels off" I just smile and gave myself a mental pat on the back.



I need to do some serious vacuuming of my car so, I get busy with that and before long it's time to go again.



We have Date Night and we are going downtown to pick up race packets.
YeeHAW!! We drop the kids off at playtime and head downtown...GRRRRR TRAFFIC... But, it's not so bad. Packet pickup is at Mellow Johnny's which is a bike store that Lance Armstrong co-owns. This store is super cool with a coffee shop and training facilities. We get our packets and head to another tri-shop to get Rob some wet suit bottoms. We both have Desoto 2 piece suits. His was to small at this point, after years without use, they can shink. He just got the new bottoms.

Dinnertime, as usual, I want to eat at Matt's but, it's probably not the best option before a 22k Trail Race tomorrow so, we start heading down Barton Springs. ROMEO'S, I've always wanted to eat there, let's give it a shot, Italian.. Perfect. We sit outside under a big canopy for dinner. Very Nice, it's drizzling outside but it feels lovely.


Goodtimes. Now it's time to eat!



Mine...





Rob's...



This place was delicious!!! Perfect!!! Service was awesome!! My PreRace beer was COLD and the food was YUMMY!!! I will definitely come back here!!!



We head back to Cedar Park to pick up the children and head home. They are happy to see us and tired as well. I rush in and start the shower and get them ready for bed. Morgan falls asleep mid sentence and Cameron tells me he's still hungry so he sits naked at the table eating goldfish crackers. NICE!! I did take a pictures but, I won't post that. I don't want him to be mad at me when he get's older.



I am done for my evening I have got to get some rest tonight. I feel ready but, I have one true competitor that I know of tomorrow. When I was at the packet pick-up I looked over the list, which I NEVER DO, but I was just curious for some reason. I didn't recognize any names except one, and she is a PRO. I finished ahead of her at the Cap10k by almost a minute but, tomorrow is a new day and she is FAST!! So, I have to put my game face on. I'll Keep you posted!! Until tomorrow.... iSwim, iRide, iRun, iPlay... SWIM HARD, RIDE HARD, RUN HARDER and PLAY HARDEST!!! YeeHAW!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment